CALTR, in partnership with the Reformed Church of Highland Park, is on the ground in Port Arthur, Texas with a Rapid Response Mission Trip. Our group will be there September 15-27. CALTR Project Manager, Harry Pangemanan, is leading this team. Harry has honed his disaster relief skills over the last five years: he not only helped 3000 volunteers rebuild over 200 homes after Sandy, he also has traveled to South Carolina and West Virginia to deal with floods over the past three years.
How You Can Help
- Donate to CALTR to support direct relief work in Texas, and to help us ship supplies via container ship to Dominica
Click here to donate directly to emergency disaster response through CALTR and its partners in Texas.
- Donate Emergency Hygiene and Clean-Up Kits
CALTR and RCHP are partnering with Church World Service to collect emergency kits that will be shipped to disaster sites via CWS’s significant disaster response network.
HURRICANE EMERGENCY HYGIENE & CLEAN-UP KITS
Drop off complete kits, lose kit items, or monetary donations to purchase kit supplies to RCHP before September 30.
**Please do not drop off any unlisted items at this time.**
(kit tutorial video)
- One hand towel measuring approximately 15″ x 28″ to 16″ x 32″ (no fingertip, bath, dish towel or micro-fiber)
- One washcloth
- One wide-tooth comb removed from the package
- One fingernail or toenail clipper removed from the package
- One bath-size bar of soap in the wrapper
- One toothbrush in the package
- Ten standard size Band-Aids
All items need to fit inside a one-gallon plastic zipper closure bag. Remove the excess air from the bag and seal. Do NOT add any extra items or toothpaste. A tube of extended expiration date toothpaste will be added to each hygiene kit just prior to its final journey.
Clean-up Bucket Kits
(kit tutorial video)
- One five-gallon bucket with resealable lid (If bucket has been used, clean well but do not use if it has held chemicals of any kind.)
- Four scouring pads
- Seven sponges, including one large
- One scrub brush
- Eighteen reusable cleaning towels (e.g. Easy Wipes)
- One 50 oz. or two 25 oz. bottle(s) of liquid laundry detergent
- One 16-28 oz. bottle of liquid disinfectant dish soap
- One 12-16 oz. bottle of household cleaner that can be mixed with water (no spray bottles)
- One package of 48-50 clothespins
- Clothesline, two 50 ft. or one 100 ft.
- Five dust masks
- Two pairs non-surgical, non-latex gloves
- One pair work gloves, cotton with leather palm or all leather
- 24-28 heavy duty or contractor type 30-45 gallon trash bags on a roll and removed from carton
- One 6-9 oz. bottle of non-aerosol insect repellent
All cleaning items must be new – all liquid items must be capped and securely tightened. Place all items into the bucket, making sure they are packed securely to avoid damage during shipment. Snap the lid on tight.